This conjunction joins clauses in a variety of constructions. It does not have a single English translation. However, the events conjoined by hoh must overlap in time.
(1) Nilhdza telhugi hoh ninentsai. `He got tired through running far.'
(2) Lhukw s̲ut'e butghaghutnabayoh tinuskai hoh 'udaibayoh ts'i wheskai. `I carried the roasted fish from the kitchen to the dining room.'
(3) Sla be whusdleh hoh hanalhuget. `I dug with my hands and crawled back out.'
(4) Nadelduz hoh oogan yaidujut. `He fell and smashed his arm.'
(5) Soowhusnih hoh whunes'en. `I saw it (a vision) while fasting.'